We would like to see this program offered in all regions of Canada. In order to scale this initiative, we need chapters set up in every region to run effectively, recruit and support the partners needed, and ensure there are viable options for people in their community to get started.
Chapters are an integral part of the Prescription To Get Active program and consist of enthusiastic program partners who work together to provide the program to their communities. These groups are made up of recreation, healthcare and supporters who oversee the program growth and efficacy in a specific region.
Starting a chapter helps to:
- Build a community of like-minded individuals
- Gives you a support network for implementing the program in your community
- Bring attention to this unique program and its mission
- Opens up the opportunity to get more local funding and grow the program
If a Chapter doesn’t currently exist in your area, the board of directors can assist you in creating one. Forming a Chapter can be done in a few steps.
- Review the Chapter Toolkit.
- Make sure you have the minimum requirements and partneres in your region (more below)
- Submit your application and we will contact you
- Get approval, set up chapter, go live on the website/app
- Start writting and redeeming prescriptions in your region
To start a chapter in your region you require at minimum:
- One healthcare partner to write prescriptions
- One activity partner to redeem prescriptions (or online partner to provide support)
- A chapter administrator who will recruit and help train new partners, and will also be responsible for ensuring proper reporting in your area
- A minimum amount of sponsorship and funding to get started. This varies depending on the region and we can help to get started.
For more information about starting a chapter and what is required, review the Chapter Toolkit