We are looking to scale our program to serve all regions of Canada. To accomplish this, we need chapters set up in every region to recruit and support activity and healthcare partners and ensure there are viable options for people in their community to get started.
Chapters are an integral part of the Prescription To Get Active program and consist of enthusiastic people working together to provide preventative healthcare and resources to their communities. These groups are made up of activity partners, healthcare partners and supporters who oversee the program's growth and efficacy in a specific region.
Starting a chapter helps to:
- Build a community of like-minded individuals
- Gives you a support network for implementing the program in your community
- Bring attention to this unique program and its mission
- Opens up the opportunity to get more local funding and grow the program
If a Chapter doesn’t currently exist in your area, the board of directors can assist you in creating one. Forming a Chapter can be done in a few steps.
- Review the Chapter Toolkit.
- Make sure you have the minimum requirements and partners in your region (more below)
- Submit your application and we will contact you
- Get approval, set up a chapter and go live on the website
- Start writing and redeeming prescriptions in your region
To start a chapter in your region you require a minimum of:
- One healthcare partner to write prescriptions
- One activity partner to redeem prescriptions (or online partner to provide support)
- A chapter administrator who will recruit and train partners, and ensure proper reporting in your area
- A minimum amount of sponsorship and funding to get started. This varies depending on the region and we can help to get started.
For more information about starting a chapter and what is required, review the Chapter Toolkit